Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rev Up Your Morning!

I have never been a breakfast person.  Plain and simple.  So with this new exercise program I'm testing out, I want to give my best to the effort of it all.  I am going to try my hardest to fuel up before starting my day!

Grapefruit helps to control hunger; drizzle a little bit of honey and bake in the oven for extra juicy explosions of flavor!

I don't know about you, but I love to tweak things as I go.  I love smoothies, and by adding protein powder and replacing milk with soy, you have yourself a dandy breakfast drink!

1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1 cup low-fat vanilla soy milk
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 cup vanilla non-fat vanilla yogurt or vanilla soy yogurt
Protein powder of choice
Blend until smooth.  Makes about 2-3 servings.  

Remember- food = fuel.  Breakfast is the best time of day to kick your metabolism into gear.  Don't skip out on eating something- fruit, oatmeal with fresh fruit or raisins, smoothies, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment