Monday, February 27, 2012

Olive Garden's Zuppas Toscana Soup


I love Italian cuisine.  I love pork sausage.  I love everything about food.  I'm starting to think that I'm maybe obsessed.  Maybe just a little bit.  hehe... SO- Who doesn't love Olive Garden?! This soup is my all time favorite and I thought you would love the recipe.

Ingredients:
1 carton (32 oz.) low-sodium chicken broth
Small carton of heavy whipping cream
1 package of Italian or original pork sausage
1 bunch of kale
3 medium potatoes
salt and pepper to taste ( I didn't use any salt for my soup because the sausage flavors it perfectly)

The gang...


Dice your spuds and place them in a large soup pot to boil.


Brown sausage in a skillet and add to your soup once the potatoes are tender.  This helps to prevent too much grease in the soup.  When taking the sausage out of the pan, try to drain alot of the grease out of the meat.  The ultimate results should be a light, flavorful delightful soup- not something that will clog your arteries! :)

Once your soup comes back to a boil .....


Wash up a couple leaves of kale.


And cut off the woody stem that is in the middle of the leaf.


Chop up the kale into small pieces. (Think... "do I want to choke on this in my soup?" hehe)

Add your chopped up kale. 

Pour a generous drizzle of the heavy whipping cream into the soup and let it simmer away.  There is no need to bring the soup back to a boil.

BAM!! Serve with garlic french bread and enjoy!!



 


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete