Thursday, February 23, 2012

Irrisistable Turkey Fajitas

These fajitas turned out oh-so-yummy... use any kind of meat that you have on hand to give it your own signature taste!

What you will need:
1 avocado
1 bell pepper (yellow, red, orange or green... or all four!)
1 onion
chicken, beef, turkey -any kind of meat
cheese
sour cream
lettuce, shredded finely
Taco seasonings
1 can refried beans
tortillas (I used corn and flour)

Slice up your onion and bell pepper of choice.  I like my onion thin while my bell pepper stays a little thicker. Don't be afraid to spice it up with a tablespoon of your taco seasoning.  It adds some kick!  Sir fry in some butter or olive oil until the onion is tender. 


I had turkey breast left over from a meal or two ago, so I shredded it up for my fajita meat! YUM!! I drizzled a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and stir fried the meat until heated up.  If you are cooking chicken or other meat that is not previously cooked- make sure your meat is cooked properly. 
About halfway though the heating process, I added some BAM! with the rest of the taco seasonings and splashed some water in and stirred it all up.  I added 1/2 of the can of refried beans to add some texture and flavor. Stick a lid on it and let it simmer up nice and tasty.
Voila! You have incredibly juicy, tender fajita meat!

I put some corn and flour tortillas in tin foil and stuck them in the oven to heat up while I was making the meat.  You could also fry them up in some oil, but I wanted to make them a little healthier.
Shred your lettuce, grate some cheese, cut up your avocado and assemble the tastiest fajitas of all time!
So tasty, even kids will love it.

Mmm-good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment