Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lemon Creme Crepes


Fresh squeezed lemon juice, hot-off-the-pan crepes, fluffy creme filling... these colorful characters greeted me this morning! Like a goof I forgot to take pictures of my creation for ya'll, (rookie mistake) but I got some from google to paint a picture for you! :)

INGREDIENTS:

2 eggs
3/4 cup milk (I used half-and-half)
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
3 Tablespoons melted butter

1. Mix all ingredients together really well until there aren't any lumpies or bumps.
Hand mix, or use a blender for optimum results. :)


2. Heat up a small non-stick pan with a little smidgen of butter.

3. Use a big spoon, measuring cup, or whatever else strikes your fancy- and scoop our enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan with a thin coating of batter.

4. Cook until a small area in the center of the batter is raw-  then give a swirl to unstick the crepe.


5. With a flick of your wrist, flip the crepe to cook the other side. 
I thought this would be hard- but it was so easy with the small pan I chose to use!!!

6. Remove from pan and separate crepes with squares of waxed paper so they don't stick together.

7.  Mix up your choice of filling, and spoon a fair amount into crepe and roll up.  Top with a dollop of whipping cream and powdered sugar.   MMMM-good!!!

Choose fresh berries!



Optional:  I choose to make a lemon creme crepe, so I whipped up whipping cream for the filling, and squeezed fresh lemon juice over the top.  I rolled it up and topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of powdered sugar, and more lemon juice for the top.  It is so fresh, so perfect for a light, airy breakfast treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment