Monday, January 9, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies


The search is over.  I have found my true love brownie recipe.  Or rather a blondie recipe.  It all started with Pinterest (to whoever created that: a HUGE thank you!!) and my need for more creativity in my life.  It's great- you scroll through the endless ideas of DIY and such to find that perfect thing that will make everyone, including your mother, go "Wow! How in the world did you come up with THAT?!" and you simply smile and blush a little.  It's the secret website that everyone should get ideas from I think!! :)
I am tired of the simple and boring.  I am tired of the dried out, too stiff, too flat brownies.  There, I said it.  I don't like the ordinary!
So.... I saw the post for a SNICKERDOODLE BLONDIE and I just about died. No, really- I'm pretty sure I almost did. So- here it is for you... the best invention ever! It even has a crispy, yet soft top just like the cookie.  Ok, I died and went to heaven!

This recipe came from the Lovin' In The Oven blog... you should check it out- she has some amazing ideas!!
  • 2 2/3 cups AP flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 2 eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp white sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • a pinch turbinado sugar
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Combine flour baking powder, cinnamon,    nutmeg, and salt and set aside.
2.) In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
3.) Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and turbinado sugar in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
4.) Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment