Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just The Way You Like 'Em Double Chocolate Muffins


I found this muffin recipe from a fellow blogger, who found it off a flour bag.  Go figure- It is one of my favorite chocolate muffin recipes... tastes just like the ones from Costco!! I thought I would be nice and offer to "share" with my family a bite if they didn't want their own... but as it would go, I ran off to hide and devour it all by myself! (I'm not even a little bit feeling guilty) 

INGREDIENTS:

2/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa
1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon espresso powder, optional (I didn't add to mine)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 cup (8 oz.) milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons vinegar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
Turbinado sugar for topping (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

1.  Preheat the oven to 400*F.  Line a standard muffin pan with paper or silicone muffin cups, and grease the cups.

2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, espresso powder, salt, and chocolate chips. (I put the chocolate chips in last after the rest of the batter was finished). Set aside.

3. In a large measuring cup or medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and vinegar.  Add the wet ingredients, along with the melted butter, to the dry ingredients, stirring to blend; there's no need to beat these muffins, just make sure everything is well-combined.  (I still had some little bumps in mine.  I then stirred in the chocolate chips).


4. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin.  I used a 1/3 measuring cup, and the cups were heaped with batter and the muffin will bake into a "mushroom" shape.  Sprinkle with Turbinado sugar, if desired.

5. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.  Remove the muffins from the oven and after 5 minutes remove them from the pan, allowing them to cool on a rack.

Serve just out of the oven with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce or caramel drizzled on top.  MM-GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment