Thursday, November 17, 2011

Live, Love, Laugh

LIVE ... LOVE ... LAUGH
Ever wonder why this saying is broadcasted everywhere? Signs, household decor, you name it- it's there.  I personally admire anything "country" or "primitive" in house decor, so when I spot a shingle painted with those three magic words- of course I'm going to whip out $6.99 and buy it.  :)
There have been things in my life recently that remind me of this very saying. LIVE.  Regardless of what Webster's Dictionary says, I think that living is feeling -not just good or mediocre- but GREAT about yourself! Taking the bull by the horns, knowing when to stand up for yourself or someone else,  taking risks, appreciating the smaller things in life, taking your dog for a walk, going to the super market for the second time that day just because you are bored, surrounding yourself with family and friends that uplift and support you, eating an extra cookie because you can, going on a random road trip with friends- heck, even just yourself- working a so-so job just because you love it and no other reason, not being afraid to tell others what you are feeling or experiencing and dancing in the rain- hot pink rubber boots and all. 
I love life- and I'm not afraid to LIVE it! God gives me so many blessings in life and I wouldn't want to change a single thing! We are that unique individual because of the trials and tests we go through in life.

LOVE is a powerful word.  Only four letters long, but it packs quite a punch.  Those three wonderful words uttered by a mother to her newborn treasure, a husband to a wife, between best friends- "I love you" can bring tears of joy, love or sorrow.  I have never had issues with telling someone I love them- if I do- I let them know!  Life is shorter than we imagine, so why not? I am not afraid of getting my heart broken or torn to shreds- because I trust that God has brought me to my perfect match in life- someone that I can say that to and not regret it.  I love my family as well!  Through thick and thin- they are here for me!  I can't imagine a life without them! They are accepting and loving- enough said.  ;)

Those of you that know me are aware that I love to LAUGH!  No matter how hard I try, it doesn't ever escape quietly- quite on the contrary. hehe  I think we all know that person that no matter how hard they try, their laughter is always heard decibels above everyone else.  I'm pretty sure I AM that person.  I am one hundred percent, without a doubt, not ashamed of it- not one little bit.  I would much rather keep myself in check every once in a while then be the lump in a corner.  Needles to say, I get funny looks from loved ones time to time to remind me to come back to planet Earth when my laughing gets out of control, but that is what family and friends are for... to keep you in check. ;) No matter how hard you try- if there is someone next to you laughing your ears automatically perk up to hear the joke or sentiment.  Your brain switches over to humor mode and all of a sudden- bam!- Everything is funny and you are dishing out your best jokes like Muhammad Ali striking a punch.  Humor is contagious.  It is the funny equivalent of yawning copy-cats.  Come on, does everyone really need to yawn at the same time?  Most likely not, yet something in your noggin' is triggered and it just comes out!

I'll take my silly, child-like attitude any day.  I'll live like there is no tomorrow, and I'll love with my WHOLE heart.  It is what makes up the intricate blue print for my life- and I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment