Monday, September 19, 2011

Bucks!!

Genesis 27:3 states: "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;" (There ya go, bow hunters!!)  ;)
Last night my significant other and I were driving out to my parent's house after running a couple of calls with the Fire Department.  I had a huge pizza and chocolate mousse cake on my lap (So sorry, skinny jeans!) to bring back and eat with some friends and my family.  We were jabbering a hundred miles a minute about hunting and such. (so is the context of most conversations this time of year hehe) All of a sudden like a squirrel on a nut we started seeing deer!  They were coming out of the woodworks like ants; all trying to get dinner in before the "eye of the storm" left and eating succulent little greens would be out of the picture due to excessive rain-fall Washington is just so grateful to bless us with. 
Doe after doe was out in every field and lots of yearlings and this year's fawns.  We came around a corner and there was a little spike buck staring at us like we took candy from him.  Slowing down both of our eyes were fixed on the buck... woo hoo!!! Finally we see one!! ;)  Off the road a ways movement catches our eyes and we see two other bucks fighting!  They were just little forked horns, but it was still a sight that makes me even more excited for hunting season. 

I have seen elk fighting before and they are so majestic with their huge racks crashing at each other - but there was something different in seeing the little bucks going for it.  Their women standing not far from them, batting their little doe eyelashes.  (I'm sure they snicker amongst each other... how could you not at two little bucks like that?!)  The little spike looked like he wanted to join in; ready to show just how masculine he really was. 


This was my first deer ever... I was so excited; nothing can replace the feeling of your first big game animal!

With my lap burning off because off the hot pizza, we tear our eyes off of Mr. Buck and keep on truckin' down the road.  Soon, soon we can start hunting....
Acts 10:13 "And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat." (Enough said.) So with deer season just around the next bend, I will take God's word to heart... You could interject my name in there..."Rise, Maleah; kill, and eat." ;)

1 comment:

  1. Good writing! Always excited to read your posts. Our front field has been booming with deer traffic! I've seen one spike and a forked horn so far =) and tooooons of doe!

    ReplyDelete