Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hearty Cream of Chicken Soup


What do I do when I'm bored? Think of recipes to share with you! :)

I came up with a tasty and EASY cream of chicken soup that will knock your socks off!! I'm sorry that I didn't snap any more pictures, but at my "genius" moment I was excited and my mouth was watering!

Ingredients:
Chicken (Any quantity you want- I used four boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
6 to 7 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 red onion, diced
2 to 3 stalks of celery, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 packet of onion soup mix
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 box (32 oz.) Chicken broth
Heavy cream
1/4 cup of butter (1/2 of one stick...1 Tbsp for sauteing, the rest for the soup)

I think the charcoal, smokey, robust flavor a BBQ gives food is the perfect choice for my chicken. So.... I salted and peppered it to taste, then slapped it on the BBQ.  Set your chicken aside when it is finished cooking- you will add it in just a bit.

In a skillet or non-stick pan, add about a Tablespoon of butter and saute your onions, celery and garlic together.  Add the mushrooms last because they don't take long to brown. This process is to give your veggies more flavor - but you can skip and boil them in the chicken broth if you wish.

While all of this action is going on, Place a medium to large soup pot on to boil with your chicken broth and quite a few cups of water.

Add sauteed veggies to the pot and let it simmer nicely.

Shred, chop or tear chicken and place into the soup.

Open up 1 can of cream of chicken soup and stir into the soup, and add the onion soup packet. Mix up everything well.  Add about a cup of heavy cream- more if desired. Add butter...

Salt to taste- and let the soup simmer and all of the flavors combine.

You are done- see? I told you it was easy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment