Thursday, May 3, 2012

Crawfish and Sausage Jambalaya

Yikes! Crawfish?!
Yes, please!! I saw these little guys at Winco and I had to get them :) I am currently on the 24 Day Challenge through Advocare... and I have been trying to cook creatively.

Boil up as many crawfish as you desire for your Jambalaya...

Start cooking up your rice. (For my diet, I can have brown rice- I chose a brown Basmati)

Saute desired veggies-
I used carrots, broccoli, onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes (diced) and snow peas.

Cook up sausage- you could use pork or whatever you have on handy- but I used turkey sausage.
(My diet friendly option)

Remove the meat from the crawfish tails and claws and add to the pot.

Add everything to a medium pot and simmer with a little bit of water or chicken broth. Add a little bit of curry, chopped up dried peppers, salt, pepper, garlic powder and any other seasonings that mesh well together. :)


Add rice and let the rice finish cooking in the juices from the meat and veggies.


The finished product:
All of the juices are soaked up into the rice and veggies and the end result is amazing! It is sort of a combo of random things- but the flavors are fantastic!! :)


2 comments:

  1. I just made this for my boyfriend tonight! Turned out awesome :) I ended up taking out the onions and broccoli because he's so picky..but added red, orange, and yellow bell peppers..as well as celery! I sauteed the veggies in some minced roasted garlic and it was delish! I suggest a tad bit of ground cumin for seasoning as well :) such a fun recipe that you can cook to your liking and have fun doing different things with! Thank you maleah for such a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great!!! I'm so glad that you made this recipe your own! :)

    ReplyDelete