Thursday, April 23, 2015

Easy One Bowl Brownies (Gluten-Free Option Available)

As a mom, I really detest extra clean up. I would MUCH rather watch our son playing with his trains and trucks, or spend more time outside, than cleaning up messes. So.... this is why I've come up with the best brownies.

 
 
 

No really.

Who doesn't love warm, ooey, gooey, chocolate?! And who also doesn't love less mess to deal with in the kitchen! That's part of the reason why they are the best! lol

Well, I'm here to tell you that THIS is it. Sure, I guess you can't beat the simplicity of a boxed mix, but people! Do a good thing, and do what's right! ha! I love baking and cooking from scratch, and your family will thank you for it, too!

Here it goes. Ready? Dump the below ingredients all together in a mixing bowl and mix until incorporated together. Pour into a prepared 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle on your chocolate chips, and bake on 350* for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. (You don't want to over cook... that is what will give your brownies that gooey texture!)

 
 
 
 
That's it! Honest! How amazing is that?! Pair with some vanilla ice cream or just eat it right out of the pan by itself. But shhhhh! I won't tell if you do that! ;)

And while everything is baking.. you can put your little ones to work with the cleanup- just because it's so easy! ha!



Ingredients:

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 and ¾ cups flour 
  • 5 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ½ cup cocoa powder
  • 1+ cup semi sweet chocolate chips

  •  
    Note: I did substitute regular flour with a gluten free baking flour that I had. If you have a favorite gluten free mix that you use, feel free to substitute the flour for that! I used the same amounts.
     
     
     
          
     
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment